Thursday, September 9, 2010

No I am not Depressed

Sad to say, but honestly I loved reading Dickinson's poem. The poem was incredibly enjoyable for me, from the dark depressing confusion to the panicked ending that suddenly stops. A little background of me is that in grade school I was famous for my dark, deep, blood spattered writing. This deep, multi layered poetry is what i crave, and what truly engages me. Hence how i came up with the crazy, yet logical, birth metaphor theory. As a child, I grew up in fourth grade. So ever since i was ten years of age, I have been aware of tragedy and despair around me. Dickinson's poetry really speaks to me because hers is not always dark because she herself is depressed, but because she is just showing us what is truly in front of our faces. "Sense is breaking through..." (Dickinson). This line shows how when someone hits maturity, they are usually thrown off balance, and they need to adjust, just as I did at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment