Friday, August 13, 2010

Concluding thoughts

Well, the summer reading is over. Two famous authors, two famous works. Personally, if these are considered masterpieces, I fail to see how. Architecture is my passion, and i can see the passion in building from achitects past. But in these two books, i fail to see any passion at all (save a few moments in The Things they Carried.) Masterpieces are supposed to be filled with the passion of their creator, and these books are just very well written examples of literature. I am not saying i know how to write the next big epic, but I can at least throw together passionate poem for my girlfriend every now and then. From a literary standpoint, i appluad these books. From a masterpiece and co creator of creativity, I give The Sun Also Rises a thumbs down, and The Things They Carried a five out of ten.

2 comments: